Welcome to HaloTracker!

edge
edge

5663 Credits 5243 Posts
9 Credit(s) Received

Blinkz
Blinkz

1239 Credits 640 Posts
All the sony fans are out in full force trying to trump up the ps4 as being the end all be all of gaming, personally I like the direction xbox is heading. Lets face it there will be tons of games, they will look and preform as good or better as ps4 due to the easy programming structure Microsoft is able to produce with its operating systems.

The multitasking is where I am excited, I know most people here probably do not pay their own cable bills and know that it costs usually 10-20 dollar a month to rent the set top box depending on if its HDDVR or whatnot the price varies. Being able to get rid of that monthly fee in favor of my gaming console is a huge bonus to me coupled with the ability to hop in and out of games, movies, web browsing I am sold.

I also thing there will be a partnership with twitch revealed much like sony did with ustream.

At the end of the day I will end up with both consoles I am sure, however xbox has been my main console for 10+ years now and I do not see that changing. Sure PS offers some good IP's like Uncharted and God of War but those are games where you play the campaign once and move on back to your multiplayer games on xbox.

Either way the gamers are the real winners with the technology to choose from.

bant 4 lyfe
edge
edge

5663 Credits 5243 Posts
the problem i have (and many others outside the US probably)) is that it was mainly focused on TV and proving the new xbox will be a entertainment machine with lots of live TV coverage, i would love to know what equivalent is gonna be available in different regions, like the UK.

as far as gaming goes, looked okay, think it was hard to trump what sony showcased, sony spent more time going in depth with its features, capturing gameplay uploading, watch other gamers play, etc. which proved to be quite impressive. xbox will definitely have alot more exclusive games and time exclusive DLC which is always a plus.

blinkz said:there will be a partnership with twitch revealed much like sony did with ustream.

also want to see this happen

Blinkz
Blinkz

1239 Credits 640 Posts
I think the more game oriented in depth stuff will be at e3, I just think this was to get some of it out of the way so they didnt need to do a 4 hour e3 event.

bant 4 lyfe
Morarn
Morarn

433 Credits 486 Posts
The announcement felt like it was meant to get the TV and non-gaming people excited for the nextbox, but they werent there to watch the live stream, the disappointed gamers were

Holtola
Holtola

31 Credits 53 Posts
Looks like they're heading in the entertainment direction rather than gaming, Did they announce a release date and was there any mention of if the same xbox live accounts are being used?

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

821 Credits 827 Posts
Holtola said:Looks like they're heading in the entertainment direction rather than gaming, Did they announce a release date and was there any mention of if the same xbox live accounts are being used?

1. It will be "released later this year". Most likely sometime Between October and November.
2. You can use the same account and your Gamerscore will carry over.

HarryTheChin
HarryTheChin

12 Credits 6 Posts
I prefer not to think so critically on the "little things".  Clearly, the Xbox One is going to be great.  I'll be a happy customer, once more for Microsoft.

Holtola
Holtola

31 Credits 53 Posts
hey Im Swat said:
Holtola said:Looks like they're heading in the entertainment direction rather than gaming, Did they announce a release date and was there any mention of if the same xbox live accounts are being used?

1. It will be "released later this year". Most likely sometime Between October and November.
2. You can use the same account and your Gamerscore will carry over.

Thanks mate :)

x M o n k e y
x M o n k e y

2176 Credits 2468 Posts
i think Sony needed to come out with a bang since there sales for the ps3 havent been great in years, i will end up buying the xbox one, no use in having old equipment

i am just not a Sony fan, i only use my Ps3 for the streaming side of it and not for gaming

Just FF on this account :)
No H4 MM on this account, not my main account :)
Daven
Daven

12 Credits 20 Posts
I'll wait until E3 before I judge it, but as of right  now I was not impressed.

Evilmeh
Evilmeh

287 Credits 304 Posts
does anyone kow if Microsoft is going to be offering a Live TV service? or will the new xbox just serve as a DVR type device for each individuals TV service?