17 Credit(s) Received

Click the image above to check it out!

Read up about:
-Campaign Easter Egg Hints
-Current State of Weapon Tuning
-Join-in-Progress Update
-Screenshot Spotlight – Assassin

Current State of Weapon Tuning
-BR still being tested as a 4 shot, but rate of fire changed to exactly match the DMR
-DMR reticule range reduced to match the range of the Light Rifle
-Possible increase of the rate of fire on the Light Rifle when zoomed
-Reduced auto-aim and a slightly faster kill time on the AR to match CE and Halo 3's AR

Join-in-Progress Update
-Once a match has passed just over half of the total game time, Join-in-Progress is disabled across all game modes and playlists
-Rumble Pit now has the smallest Join-in-Progress window, only allowing players to join during the first few kills of a match
-In Slayer matches outside of Team Throwdown and Team Doubles, players will no longer join after one team has reached just over half of the score limit
-In King of the Hill and Oddball, players will no longer join in the second half of the game in regards to score limit
-In Grifball, players will no longer join single-round matches if over 3 goals have been scored by one team. We will be updating Grifball Pro to similar settings in the next update
-In Team Throwdown and Team Doubles, players will no longer join after a small join window during and before the first moments of a match

Legitti
Legitti

-244 Credits 279 Posts
Finally.

iTz x Surreal
iTz x Surreal

44 Credits 79 Posts
Hmm this might mean I need to turn my Xbox on pretty soon. Although, I don't really think the BR being a 4-shot kill is a good idea with the amount of bullet magnetism and aim assist this game has. If they tweaked the bullet magnetism and aim assist this would be great! As for the Assault Rifle, it needs its bullet magnetism toned down along with its aim assist and not just aim assist.

Over all, though, I'm happy to hear this (or read it) as it's a good-sized step in the right direction. Of course, a few other things need to be done *cough*bullet magnetism*cough*sticky grenades*cough*

Mathiadon
Mathiadon

346 Credits 80 Posts
I'm really excited to see how the BR is going to turn out. It looks for sure to be a 4 burst kill, the only question is how many BULLETS will it be. I assume they'll knock it down to 10 just because reducing it by 1 seems minuscule considering how bad the connections are a lot of times, but that's just my guess.

Really glad to see them considering reducing the range of the DMR's auto aim, however; buffing the Light Rifle's aim assist  seems unnecessary to me because of how few shots it takes to kill.

AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

411 Credits 631 Posts
If the kills time on the BR and DMR are going to be exactly the same, this update is actually helping the DMR, not the BR, unless I interpreted it wrong.  

Also they need to just swallow their pride and get rid of JIP altogether because it is/was a terrible idea.

Mathiadon
Mathiadon

346 Credits 80 Posts
AR to the Knee said:If the kills time on the BR and DMR are going to be exactly the same, this update is actually helping the DMR, not the BR, unless I interpreted it wrong.  

Also they need to just swallow their pride and get rid of JIP altogether because it is/was a terrible idea.

If I'm interpreting it correctly, they're reducing the FIRE TIME on the BR to be the same as the fire time of the DMR. So it will kill 20% faster than the DMR if all shots hit. or, 11/12 bullets as of now.

AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

411 Credits 631 Posts
DutchRage 32 said:
AR to the Knee said:If the kills time on the BR and DMR are going to be exactly the same, this update is actually helping the DMR, not the BR, unless I interpreted it wrong.  

If I'm interpreting it correctly, they're reducing the FIRE TIME on the BR to be the same as the fire time of the DMR. So it will kill 20% faster than the DMR if all shots hit. or, 11/12 bullets as of now.

That would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it.  343 has found a way to fuck up simple things and flat-out lie to the Halo fan base time and time again in the past.

my psychologist
my psychologist

448 Credits 454 Posts
will wait to judge, great idea in theory, but somehow they continue to come up short on their promises...

Gash
Gash

5 Credits 5 Posts
These changes implemented when? Everyone initially thought it to be a solid week ago. I want to test out the new br...

edge
edge

5664 Credits 5243 Posts
Gash said:These changes implemented when? Everyone initially thought it to be a solid week ago. I want to test out the new br...

the weapon changes are a work in progress and theres no set date for release