Halo 5 Tracker Network

Halo 5 Stats are Live!

Legitti
Legitti

0 Credits 5 Posts
Do the old members get any benefit for premium? I was baller donator on HTR before but i dont feel like the way old donations are handled.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

30 Credits 136 Posts
Pretty sure there's no records (other than billing payments) of people donating to the old HTR since all accounts were deleted when making the new HTR. This means, everyone gets the same benefits from the new donation program.

(@xorth)

Looking for support? Join our Discord and ping me there (@HeyImSwat).
Legitti
Legitti

0 Credits 5 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:Pretty sure there's no records (other than billing payments) of people donating to the old HTR since all accounts were deleted when making the new HTR. This means, everyone gets the same benefits from the new donation program.

(@xorth)

legacy site?

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

30 Credits 136 Posts
Legitti said:

That site is no longer supported and accounts there are outdated but let's see what Xorth has to say about this.

Legitti
Legitti

0 Credits 5 Posts
It would be fair, at least give someting like limited premium or something. Few other sites have given lifetime memberships for old people to show them regonize but im not asking for that.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

30 Credits 136 Posts
Legitti said:lifetime memberships

Although you said you're not asking for that, Xorth mentioned that membership was a big mistake because it wasn't covering the costs which is why it's gone.

xorth
xorth

68 Credits 39 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Legitti said:Do the old members get any benefit for premium? I was baller donator on HTR before but i dont feel like the way old donations are handled.

Hey Legitti, long time. It was a tough decision on what to do. Ultimately I decided that everyone who donated to the legacy site had gotten their moneys worth, and what you were paying for (advanced stats for halo 4 /reach) is still there, so I felt most people would fine with that. The issue w/ the one time / lifetime donation option was now the legacy site only costs me money. It still gets quite a few views per day, but generates no income, and is just costing me money. But because I no longer can support the code, I didn't think it was fair to leave donations on. New people would donate, have an issue, expect support, and feel ripped off, so instead I decided I'd rather take the loss than make people think I am scamming them.

Now, we have a new halotracker, for halo 5, and the terms of service that 343 makes us agree too in order to access their api says you can't charge for stats. So we adopted a new model, an ad-free experience, that is designed for people who want to support the site and keep development active and servers fast. Obviously a lot less people donate now, but that is what I had to go to.

I hope you feel that is an adequate response,I wasn't trying to rip anyone off. There was no profit made on the Legacy site, and all that data is still there. I hope you still feel like supporting us, but that's up to you. Let me know if you think I am being unfair, as I always strive to be fair.