Halo 5 Tracker Network

Halo 5 Stats are Live!

This thread is closed

Jackpot4
Jackpot4

6 Credits 10 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
I can tell you I was excited for this game like I had not been in a very long time. The Chief was going to be fighting the forerunners, an ONI lackey was going to be chasing him down willing to murder him, cortana was somewhere doing something, the Arbiter was in a civil war! Then, warzone, such an awesome concept! So many vehicles options, weapons options, customization, so much!

Well, we all know the marketing was a lie. The Campaign was nothing like what was advertised to the point where I think they pulled a Halo 2 and scrapped the campaign halfway through production and scrambled this together. So the Chief beats the hell out of him and now Locke is suddenly trying to help him? Does he just kneel for whoever is stronger right in front of him? Anyway, we all knew Cortana was going to be back at least her part of the story was interesting. Clearly the campaign is not finished. It is, at best, half of what we should have got in this game.

I have posted a prior thread about the numerous issues in multiplayer so I will just go over the highlights:
-grenades are fallout mini nukes
-grenade spam is everywhere, two grenades is too many to spawn with
-the BR is nearly the only gun used other than vehicles and true power weapons
-the BR is still the most unbalanced gun I have ever seen with inconsistent damage and wild use of auto aim.
-auto aim is still atrocious as it has been since halo 2
-lunging is absolutely insane, suddenly flying forward at light speed without boosters is still completely outrageous
-spawning is mind boggling, opponents spawn looking at you when you are trying to take armories
-marines spawn in the armories while you are trying to take them
-hitboxes seem to be nearly miles wide

My final comments:

This game is essentially the halo 2 of the "forerunner saga". H:CE rocked, H2 was horrendous, H3 was good, H4 was good, H5 is horrendous, H6 should be decent. All of the worst parts of halo 2- auto aim, lunging, the BR, sub par and short campaign- are exemplified in this is game. I really never thought I would find a game so broken and poorly made as Halo 2, but 343 made me eat my words. Halo 5 is horrendous and the only reason I continue to own it is regardless of the false advertising of the campaign, it is still the campaign and I enjoy the storyline for the most part. This is a game built on false advertising, years better technology and still worse than halo 2, and a complete and total let down. I will not recommend this game to anyone. It is permanently shelved unless I get a 5 game campaign run itch.

For any fanbois who would say that it's good riddance to me, just know I have reported over 1000 players, some multiple times, for poor sportsmanship, communication, camping (no, it is not a legitimate strategy), cowardice, not working as a team, intentionally kill stealing, using known and unknown exploits to not take damage and deal extra damage without armor mods. At least 95% of this community has shown it has terrible character as people and as multiplayer teammates and opponents. A "good riddance" from anyone who would say it is not intelligent enough to understand that you have done me a favor by moving on to truly better games.

Jackpot4
Jackpot4

6 Credits 10 Posts
Hey Im Swat said: - super negative stuff we dont need. removed by mods.


Being bad at at a game is not the same as the game itself using broken mechanics and having numerous problems. When you can look at how the game functions separately from being fanatical about it, you may just be intelligent enough to see the truth.

VerruckterSchakal
VerruckterSchakal

5 Credits 12 Posts
I just want to leave a little something saying this,

All the reports you send, especially the false reports (camping, kill stealing, ect) just makes you less likely to get your report seen and paid attention to. Fewer more legit reports will actually get noticed.


Verrückter Wütend Schakal - My life, your fate, the ultimate.. Destiny.
xorth
xorth

68 Credits 39 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
If you don't like OPs opinions, debate him/her peacefully.

Jackpot4
Jackpot4

6 Credits 10 Posts
VerruckterSchakal said:I just want to leave a little something saying this,

All the reports you send, especially the false reports (camping, kill stealing, ect) just makes you less likely to get your report seen and paid attention to. Fewer more legit reports will actually get noticed.


camping and kill stealing are poor sportsmanship. If you, your teammate and one enemy are the only ones around and your teammate is in an assassination to kill him and you keep shooting the enemy to steal the kill, that is poor sportsmanship. I find my character doing assassinations in the middle of a firefight like a retard when i dont hold the melee attack down so if in that situation a teammate rescued me and killed who I was assassinating so I could continue fighting rather than die in the assassination, that would be a positive type of kill stealing.

Camping is poor sportsmanship because all you are doing is hiding in a corner, shooting someone with a shotgun as they walk through a door, for example, you aren't playing the game, you are simply sitting there like a coward. Try doing that in airsoft, paintball, the military, etc. etc. you will get reamed. If you are a coward terrorist that's one thing. Active defense and camping two very different and distinguishable things. Play the game or accept your negative feedback for being a poor sport.

VerruckterSchakal
VerruckterSchakal

5 Credits 12 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I am a US Marine Corps Veteran. And I can tell you this.

Camping, does happen in real war. Fighting from a foxhole, or perched up somewhere with your .50 cal sniper rifle waiting for your target, is pretty much camping by video game standards. But it is a viable but annoying tactic as well. It works. If you don't like the camper, avoid them and their part of the map. You just feed them kills otherwise.

And kill stealing, lol.. well.. you're on a team, and well again with real war since you put that out there, not once has any Marine, Soldier, Airman, or Sailor ever said in the heat of combat "he stole my kill!" They just keep fighting and carry on. Because so long as the enemy dies... the job is done.

So no, none of that is poor sportsmanship. With all the reports you've said you've filed, it is quite likely at this point after a few have been reviewed and seen to be false, they are all ignored at this point. Having been an Xbox Ambassador and reading about how the report system works, I can assure you, too many false reports just gets you put into a pool where the reports go unseen due to bad reporting ratio, and the people you've reported, have had zero effect from them as well.


Verrückter Wütend Schakal - My life, your fate, the ultimate.. Destiny.
Jackpot4
Jackpot4

6 Credits 10 Posts
VerruckterSchakal said:I am a US Marine Corps Veteran. And I can tell you this.

Camping, does happen in real war. Fighting from a foxhole, or perched up somewhere with your .50 cal sniper rifle waiting for your target, is pretty much camping by video game standards. But it is a viable but annoying tactic as well. It works. If you don't like the camper, avoid them and their part of the map. You just feed them kills otherwise.

And kill stealing, lol.. well.. you're on a team, and well again with real war since you put that out there, not once has any Marine, Soldier, Airman, or Sailor ever said in the heat of combat "he stole my kill!" They just keep fighting and carry on. Because so long as the enemy dies... the job is done.

So no, none of that is poor sportsmanship. With all the reports you've said you've filed, it is quite likely at this point after a few have been reviewed and seen to be false, they are all ignored at this point. Having been an Xbox Ambassador and reading about how the report system works, I can assure you, too many false reports just gets you put into a pool where the reports go unseen due to bad reporting ratio, and the people you've reported, have had zero effect from them as well.


I would expect an internet "marine corps veteran" to have an understanding of the difference between a foxhole and hiding in a corner with a shotgun. This is a video game, not real life, were you not able to see the difference in the two situations I presented for kill stealing?

If the report system is so flawed that people who have a bias supporting a cowardly tactic in a video game can decide whose reports matter then the system has a problem within itself.

VerruckterSchakal
VerruckterSchakal

5 Credits 12 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I can assure you I am no 'internet' Veteran. I show you my DD214 and my promotion warrants if you need me to. So thanks for your ... time, as it were.


Verrückter Wütend Schakal - My life, your fate, the ultimate.. Destiny.
Jackpot4
Jackpot4

6 Credits 10 Posts
VerruckterSchakal said:I can assure you I am no 'internet' Veteran. I show you my DD214 and my promotion warrants if you need me to. So thanks for your ... time, as it were.


Haha ok. Stop trying to have a pissin contest and respond if you have a legitimate response.

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
xorth said:If you don't like OPs opinions, debate him/her peacefully.


What's disappointing to me, is that this is Jackpot4's third thread on the same matter. You make threads to discuss the topics at hand, but yet my reply that addresses most of Jackpot4's concerns with respectful debate remains unanswered. We do not need three separate threads of the same complaints, especially when the first thread fell off and was never replied to.

Locking this one up; if you're going to continue the discussion, please do so in your original thread. No sense in clogging up the forums with the same bullet points (even if the forums are light on content). I've even gone through the liberty of addressing your newer complaints in an edit.

This thread is closed