Halo 5 Tracker Network

Halo 5 Stats are Live!

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
7 Credit(s) Received
After playing over one-hundred games of Warzone and opening up a ton of REQ Packs, I found myself wondering just what some of these special weapons are capable of, and what exactly makes them so special. Looking on the web for a guide of sorts, I simply couldn't find a comprehensive list to answer my curiosity, so here begins a guide to each weapon.

For those of you lost or out of the know on this one. Warzone features unique variants of weapons that provide advanced capabilities compared to their regular counterparts. For example, a Hailstorm Needler has a significantly better tracking ability for its needles, making it a much more deadly weapon on the battlefield. Below is a full list composed of each weapon and their unique abilities:

Own one of the weapons that are missing information? Is something wrong? Please provide us the information in a post!

Rarity Code:
- Common (*)
- Uncommon (**)
- Rare (***)
- Ultra Rare (****)
- Legendary (*****)

UNSC Weaponry

Magnum
- Whispered Truth (****) - Mythic Magnum with burst fire and silencer that grants increased movement speed.

Shotgun
- Lawgiver (**) - Increased damage, accuracy, and rate of fire.
- Blaze of Glory (***) - Fires fast-moving hardlight projectiles with extra range and an anti-vehicle effect. Reloads with a single shell.
- Oathsworn (****) - Mythic Shotgun that increases damage, accuracy, rate of fire and movement speed.

Sniper Rifle
- End of the Line (***) - Reduced recoil, but emphasis on faster rate-of-fire with slightly reduced damage.
- Arrow of Time (****) - Extended magazine and heavy-duty cyberlink that prevents descope. Increased recoil.
- Nornfang (*****) - Mythic Sniper that fires high explosive, armor-piercing rounds. Motion tracker visible while scoped.

SAW
- Appetite for Destruction (***) - Fitted with a high capacity drum magazine.
- The Answer (***) - Slightly lower rate of fire, but each projectile has a proximity-fused high explosive warhead.

Railgun
- Whiplash (**) - Faster charge cycle, multiple shots per magazine, and projectiles are fitted with a proximity airburst fuse.
- Arclight (***) - Armor-piercing high-explosive projectiles. Shots take longer to charge, but can be held indefinitely.

Hydra Launcher
- Typhon (***) - Upgraded recoil compensation, warhead damage, and reload speed.
- Echidna (****) - Loaded with experimental EMP warheads capable of temporarily disabling enemy vehicles.

Rocket Launcher
- Ad Victoriam (***) - Fires two additional missiles. All three missiles can be laser-guided when using Smart-Link and have a proximity fuse.
- High Five (****) - Each shot unleashes five Hydra mini missiles that lock-on to ground and air targets.

SPNKR Rocket Launcher
- SPNKR EM (***) - [Extended magazine (to four shots)]
- SPNKR EX (****) - [Cluster bombs]
- SPNKR Prime (*****) - [Fast rocket travel time]

Spartan Laser
- Endgame (****) - Laser with reduced charge time and increased battery capacity, but each shot does less damage.
- Selene's Lance (*****) - Reduced charge time, longer beam duration, additional battery capacity, targeting laser does damage, extra recoil.

Heavy Turrets
- Oni Chaingun Turret (****) - Fires high explosive dual purpose rounds.
- Oni Rocket Turret (*****) - Fires both surface to air and surface to surface tracking.
- Oni Gauss Turret (*****) - Produces lingering area of effect damage.

Covenant Weaponry

Plasma Pistol
- Spitfire (**) - Faster rate of fire and reduced heat generated per shot.
- Void's Tear (***) - Overcharged shots create an unstable gravimetric vortex at point of impact, pulling in nearby objects.

Needler
- Hailstorm (**) - Fires fast-moving crystal shard that exhibit strong homing behavior.
- Talon of the Lost (***) - Fires calibrated shards that embed themselves in armor.

Plasma Caster
- Scourge of Fire (***) - Fires two plasma bolts per shot and does not overheat.
- White Scar (****) - Fire proximity bolts if hipfired and have a needler fragmentation effect.

Beam Rifle
- Sword of the Faithful (****) - Improved hipfire accuracy, faster heat dissipation, and a higher fire rate.
- Krith's Left Hand (*****) - Fires a burst of energy with each pull of the trigger.

Fuel Rod Cannon (**)
- Light of Urs (***) - Fires faster-moving projectiles that do more damage.
- Pool of Radiance (****) - Fires unstable projectiles that leave a dangerous residue in their impact area.

Energy Sword
- Ravening Sliver (***) - Can be swung more rapidly.
- Vorpal Talon (****) - Provides additional thruster hangtime and two thruster evades per cooldown.
- Prophets' Bane (*****) - Mythic sword with Active Camo, wider lunge radius, and increased movement speed.

Promethean Weaponry

Light Rifle
- Barbed Lance (****) - Improved with an extended magazine and faster rate of fire.
- Dying Star (*****) - Fires adhesive pulsewave explosives; three explosions can kill a fully shielded Spartan.

Boltshot
- Closed Fist (**) - Improved with an extended magazine and faster rate of fire.
- Open Hand (***) - Fires an additional swarm of tracking bolts with each press of the trigger.

Scattershot
- Loathsome Thing (****) - Improved with increased damage, faster rate of fire, and an extended magazine.
- Didact's Signet (*****) - Fires fast-moving, long-range projectiles with stronger homing behavior after ricochets.

Binary Rifle
- Retina of the Mind's Eye (****) - Upgraded with a larger capacity magazine.
- Twin Jewels of Maethrillian (*****) - Dual beam emitters that enhance the rifle's anti-armor utility.

Incineration Cannon
- River of Light (****) - Unleashes a long burst of energy blasts if allowed to charge up.
- Heartseeker (*****) - Fires tracking energy charges.

jerbear moodboon
jerbear moodboon

5 Credits 8 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
I'm not at my Xbox right now so I can't take a screenshot but the Appetite for Destruction SAW features a larger magazine than a regular SAW. Additionally the closed fist Boltshot features a larger magazine and increased rate of fire

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
jerbear moodboon said:I'm not at my Xbox right now so I can't take a screenshot but the Appetite for Destruction SAW features a larger magazine than a regular SAW. Additionally the closed fist Boltshot features a larger magazine and increased rate of fire

Added, thanks! Do you happen to know the rarity of the Closed Fist weapon? I'd guess that it's rare, but you never know unless you have it. Thanks again!

jerbear moodboon
jerbear moodboon

5 Credits 8 Posts
I want to say Uncommon. But I'll have to double check when I'm home

AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

4 Credits 4 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Open Hand: Rare boltshot that fires swarm of tracking bolts with each press of trigger. Basically it shoots double the projectiles and kills in like 2 or 3 trigger pulls. I think 2 actually but I will have to test it more.

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
AR to the Knee said:Open Hand: Rare boltshot that fires swarm of tracking bolts with each press of trigger. Basically it shoots double the projectiles and kills in like 2 or 3 trigger pulls. I think 2 actually but I will have to test it more.

Thanks! Added.

Vek
Vek

4 Credits 4 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Darkened Night said:
- Prophets' Bane (*****) - Mythic sword with Active Camo, wider lunch radius, and increased movement speed.

lunch radius

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Vek said:lunch radius

Darn, I was trying to get this done before I grabbed a bite to eat; I guess my mind got ahead of me. Fixed, thanks.

Cortana
Cortana

2 Credits 30 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.

Bane
Bane

0 Credits 1 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Appetite For Destruction SAW also has the stability boosters on it. IE no recoil at all. It doesn't say in the description, but you can see them on the weapon

faithful shad0w
faithful shad0w

0 Credits 1 Posts
closed fist is indeed uncommon :) got mine a while ago still got 2 left lol