Halo 5 Tracker Network

Halo 5 Stats are Live!

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received



The heart of TrackerNetwork's competitive index returns with the release of Halo 5: Guardians! You may have noticed a statistic called 'HTR Score' on your player page or on the leaderboards, we're here to shed some light on what it means and how it works.

HaloTracker Site Score is our unique long-standing statistic that awards points to Spartans based on every game they play. The more you compete, the higher your score becomes. Of course, elite Spartans will find themselves climbing faster than others by earning more points per game as a reward for their skill. As a Spartan's HTR score increases, the score gap will begin to close and score will become more difficult to come by (you can even lose HTR Score points for poor performances, something prevalent in the upper bounds of formula).

At a low-number of games played, comparing HTR scores between two Spartans will usually award a higher score to the one with more games. This is because the logarithmic curve does little to punish players for simply playing the game, and reserves such penalties for higher score. If a comparison is made at similar Site Scores, the player with fewer games will be "more effective", as fewer games were required to reach that point.

Again, as players climb into the 100-200k range, the penalties associated with poor performances will have greater impact on your HTR Score; this allows top players to compete for the top spot without awarding more points by having more games played.

__________________________________________________





How is HTR Score calculated?
Site score takes your post-game score, kills, wins, assists, and other positive factors and weights them against negative factors such as your deaths and losses. Your score changes based on the information gathered between your collections here on HaloTracker. This value is not based on averages, it is a formula that follows your through your entire Halo 5 career..

Where is HTR Score used?
Site score is the default statistic used on our leaderboards. It is also used on a per-playlist basis.

Can my site score decrease?
Yes it can, but if you're in your early thousands, this is unlikely. As you climb to a higher site score, you'll notice that your games aren't giving you the same score as they used to. This is a result of the penalties becoming more prevalent. Keep finishing your games strong to avoid losing your hard-earned score!

Why do I have a lower site score than someone who has worse stats than mine?
For players who are not near the top of the leaderboard, this discrepancy is typically a result of when you originally visited the site. Some Spartans have been around longer and have been collecting their statistics frequently over time, giving them a steadier increase in score rather than small clusters of focused increases. For those who are at higher ranges, remember that your score can decrease for poor performances.

The sum of my playlist site scores don't equal my total site score. Is there a bug?
No, this is not a bug. Your total site score is generated separately using the sum of the data provided by all playlists, not the sum or average of each playlists individual HTR Score. This is to avoid favoring Spartans who compete evenly across a range of playlists over those who prefer a single playlist.

Is there a limit to how much site score someone can have?
While there is no limit, there comes a point where acquiring score becomes too difficult, even for the best players. You can estimate the upper bounds of site score by taking a glance at Spartans that are at the top of the leaderboard.

Hey! You haven't answered my question!
Whoops, sorry this thread couldn't help you. If you have an unanswered Site Score question, drop a reply in this thread or send me a private message to Darkened Night.

V0LTAGE
V0LTAGE

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thanks for the info! :)
Oh how do i reset my stats to add myself to the local leader boards?

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
V0LTAGE said:Thanks for the info! :)
Oh how do i reset my stats to add myself to the local leader boards?


No reset necessary, you should be able to set your region here.

V0LTAGE
V0LTAGE

0 Credits 3 Posts
I tried still don't see myself. .. is there a certain amount of games needed. .. i did what u said... and it said wait about 30minutes from there i entered gt nothing yet. ?

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
V0LTAGE said:I tried still don't see myself. .. is there a certain amount of games needed. .. i did what u said... and it said wait about 30minutes from there i entered gt nothing yet. ?


Currently, the minimum is 9 games. Send me a private message with your location information (just country, state if US is fine) and I'll look into it for you.

Steven Brock
Steven Brock

0 Credits 2 Posts
Why is my HTR negative? last night before i went to bed it was 2,200 and i was in top 250 i woke up today with negative htr and ranked like 9k

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
Steven Brock said:Why is my HTR negative? last night before i went to bed it was 2,200 and i was in top 250 i woke up today with negative htr and ranked like 9k


Ouch! That looks like a bug; I'll have our admin investigate that and get it taken care of for you. Sorry about that!

Steven Brock
Steven Brock

0 Credits 2 Posts
Darkened Night said:
Steven Brock said:Why is my HTR negative? last night before i went to bed it was 2,200 and i was in top 250 i woke up today with negative htr and ranked like 9k


Ouch! That looks like a bug; I'll have our admin investigate that and get it taken care of for you. Sorry about that!


TY mate

V0LTAGE
V0LTAGE

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thank you ill send my info! :)

Demoralisor
Demoralisor

0 Credits 3 Posts
I also have a problem with my arena site score. It was 11,860 and now it's gone back to 1560. All my individual playlist scores are still intact, it's just my overall site score has been reset back to 1560. I was 2nd in Australia before this glitch occurred. Would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed. Thanks

HGDave
HGDave

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hi I tried linking my gamertag to this account but it said my gamertag was already linked to one. Thanks if you can help.

Yin
Yin

46 Credits 44 Posts
HGDave said:Hi I tried linking my gamertag to this account but it said my gamertag was already linked to one. Thanks if you can help.


I need to verify that you are the account holder of your gamertag before I can unlink it from any other accounts. Could you please shoot me a message over Xbox Live? Once you do that I'll be able to confirm and register your account ownership.


Luke_Pollard
Luke_Pollard

5 Credits 5 Posts
my htc score basically reset itself and is way off what it should be?

i was on 8k now only2k?

TheBigL
TheBigL

15 Credits 21 Posts
Luke_Pollard said:my htc score basically reset itself and is way off what it should be?

i was on 8k now only2k?


Paging @xorth to look into this issue.

Demoralisor
Demoralisor

0 Credits 3 Posts
Hi, its been over a month since my HTR score dropped from 11,860 to 1560 and it has not been fixed yet. I'm currently at 17,186 but it should really be over 27,000 and I should be rank 1 in Australia. Just would like to know if the issue has been identified or solved. If not, would changing your gamertag fix the problem as it used to reset your page if you did in previous games? Thank you.

TheBigL
TheBigL

15 Credits 21 Posts
Demoralisor said:Hi, its been over a month since my HTR score dropped from 11,860 to 1560 and it has not been fixed yet. I'm currently at 17,186 but it should really be over 27,000 and I should be rank 1 in Australia. Just would like to know if the issue has been identified or solved. If not, would changing your gamertag fix the problem as it used to reset your page if you did in previous games? Thank you.


A select few have had this issue. IIRC, it's something wonky in the API. Site owner and developer @xorth explains it here:


your site score has been fixed and we have hopefully prevented this from happening again. It seems to be caused by the halo 5 api though, for some reason one day it returned some really funky data.


I'll try to get him to take a look at it.

PS: In the future, to expedite help requests, please create your own topic in the forum. It's less likely to get lost / overlooked there. Thanks.

Demoralisor
Demoralisor

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Cheers

HND dragoenx
HND dragoenx

0 Credits 4 Posts
Why is my rank so high on leaderboards even though there are so many more better players than me with higher win/losses and K/D??

B
B

41 Credits 61 Posts
HND dragoenx said:Why is my rank so high on leaderboards even though there are so many more better players than me with higher win/losses and K/D??


Simply because the algorithm that gives you your HTR score gave you a very good one. It isn't based on winrate and K/D only. Keep doing what you're doing and you will stay high on the leaderboard.

B
HND dragoenx
HND dragoenx

0 Credits 4 Posts
B said:
HND dragoenx said:Why is my rank so high on leaderboards even though there are so many more better players than me with higher win/losses and K/D??


Simply because the algorithm that gives you your HTR score gave you a very good one. It isn't based on winrate and K/D only. Keep doing what you're doing and you will stay high on the leaderboard.


Thanks for the response, so does this mean I am actually indeed a better player then people who have much higher stats than mine? If I am currently within the top 200 leaderboards, does this mean I am actually indeed a top 200 player?

Thanks.